Family Support Services

See below for further information on Family Support Services.

BC Families in Transition

Helps children, youth and adults manage the challenges of separation, divorce or transition to a new family structure.

Phone: (250) 386-4331

Beacon Community Services

A community-based, not-for-profit, social, employment, health, recreational, housing and volunteer services agency, offering a wide range of programs and services to thousands of clients in the Capital Regional District.

Phone: (250) 656-0134

Burnside Gorge Community Centre Housing Outreach

The Burnside Gorge Housing Outreach helps families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to find shelter and/or maintain their housing.

Phone: (250) 388-5251

Children Who Witness Abuse Program, Victoria Women’s Transition House Society

Helps children aged 3 to 18 recognize abusive behaviour, looks at alternatives to violence, and breaks the inter-generational cycle of abuse. Individual and groups, support for caregivers.

Phone: (250) 592-2927

Collaborative Family Law Group

In Collaborative Family Law, professionals work as a team with both you and your spouse to help you resolve parenting and financial issues in a respectful process. Usually, spouses find this process is less expensive and faster than court, and that a final agreement reached through collaboration is much more satisfying than going to court.

Phone: (250) 704-2600

The Cridge Centre for the Family

Victoria-based non-profit society founded in 1873. Services include: • Child care
• Supportive housing for families in economic or relationship crisis
• Services for women and children who have been impacted by relationship violence
• Respite care referral services for children with disabilities
Phone: (250) 384-8058

Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA)

The ICA helps individuals and organizations connect across cultures. We provide information, support and tools to help immigrants reach their goals. By engaging people through networks, education and arts programming, we provide a welcoming community.

Phone: (250) 388-4728

Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (Government of BC)

Monitors and enforces maintenance orders and agreements (for either child support or spousal support).

Phone: (250) 220-4040

Francophone Society of Victoria

Offers employment services, and organizes many French cultural activities.

Phone: (250) 388-7350

The F.O.R.C.E. Society for Kids’ Mental Health

Provides support, education, advocacy and navigation to families with children who have mental health challenges.


Foster Parents Support Services Society

Mission statement: The FPSS Society is a Grass Roots organization committed to providing meaningful and accessible support, education and networking services which will continually enhance the skills and abilities of foster parents to deliver the best care possible to the children in their homes.

Phone: (778) 430-5459

Mary Manning Centre (Child Abuse Prevention and Counselling Society of Greater Victoria)

Offers support to the children who were abused and all family members affected by the abuse. MMC staff work with families, schools, police and professionals in family services, child protection and community living services to ensure a coordinated, holistic approach to supporting children and families.

Phone: (250) 385-6111

MCFD Early Childhood Development

Information on Early Childhood Development (ECD) programs and services available to you and your community.


Parent Support Services of BC

This 36-year-old, province-wide network of approximately 35 self-help groups provides parents with a safe environment in which they can talk about their children, the stress or worries in their lives, receive support and parenting skills. Includes Parent Support Circles and Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Circles.

Phone: (250) 384-8042

Rainbows Canada

Rainbows is an international not-for-profit organization that fosters emotional healing among children grieving a loss from a life-altering crisis. These losses, among others, include separation, divorce, death, incarceration and foster care.

Phone toll free: 1-877-403-2733

Representative for Children and Youth

The Representative for Children and Youth supports children, youth and families who need help in dealing with the child welfare system, and advocates for changes to the system itself.

Phone: 1-800-476-3933

Saanich Neighborhood Place

Saanich Neighborhood Place has been supporting the families of Saanich for over 15 years. In addition to providing Parent and Tot Drop-Ins, SNP has expanded our services over the years to include parenting programs, food security programs and outreach services.

Please visit our website at for current programs.

Single Parent Resource Centre

Registered non-profit society that has been committed to serving the varied and changing needs of single parent families in the Greater Victoria area since 1978. In a relaxed and supportive house-like setting, the Center offers a wide selection of programs and free services that assist custodial and non-custodial parents in meeting the needs of their families.

Phone: (250) 385 1114  

South Island Dispute Resolution Centre

Our broad range of services allow us to assist: individuals, families, organizations and community groups create resolutions for all manner of conflict. Family Mediation services are provided on a sliding scale basis to families who wish to address issues in a safe and supportive environment.

Phone: (250) 383-4412

Together Against Poverty Society (TAPS)

Together Against Poverty Society provides free, face-to-face legal advocacy services for persons facing income assistance, provincial persons with disability benefits and tenancy issues.  TAPS also provides public legal education sessions to community organizations and/or client groups.

Phone: (250) 361-3521

Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society (VIRCS)

The centre has 20 years of experience in helping immigrants, refugees, new Canadian citizens, and visible minorities settle and adapt into new lives in Greater Victoria. VIRCS provides a wide range of services to its target group, assisting them with everything from settling in Victoria to finding a job.

Phone: (250) 361-9433

The Law Centre

The Law Centre provides advice, assistance and representation to clients who cannot afford a lawyer. Thousands of persons living in the Capital Regional District are served annually.

Phone: (250) 385-1221

Victoria Women’s Transition House Society

Provides shelter and services for women, with or without children, who are experiencing abuse in their intimate relationships.

Phone: (250) 592-2927

Women’s Sexual Assault Centre

Victoria Women's Sexual Assault Centre has highly qualified trauma specialists who provide services to individuals impacted by sexual assault and abuse. Our prevention activities are designed to raise awareness, change attitudes and develop skills for healthy living.

Crisis and info line: (250) 383-3232

Young Parents Support Network

Young Parents Support Network is a small, non-profit organization whose mission is to support and empower young parent families. Offer pre-natal classes and parenting education, and many other services.

Phone: (250) 384-0552

PCEC "1000 X 5" Children’s Book Recycling Project
The PCEC “1000 X 5” Children’s Book Recycling Project was started in April 2008. Through this initiative, gently-used children’s picture books are collected from the community. The books are delivered to our collection depot where they are screened for suitability, counted, labelled, sorted, and bagged for distribution to young children (birth-5 years) and their families.

» read more
Share With Friends
Join us on Facebook